Thursday, June 20, 2013

Summer Solstice Tonight June 20-21

What incredible summer-like days we've had as we near the summer solstice, occurring overnight at 1 a.m. here in the Northeast but before midnight in Colorado and California.  These days are distinguished from other recent days by cool mornings with clear skies and abundant sunshine that warms up the air by afternoon and then cools it again in the evening.  The birds are loving it!


As I snapped photos of the goldfinches at the feeder above the mountain laurels in the meadow, a hummingbird kept coming to the feeder right beside me.  I was wearing a raspberry hued t-shirt and didn't seem to deter him, although I was only 3 feet away from the feeder.  Of course, when I turned to take a photo--he was gone!


Enjoy these perfect summer days while we they are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment