Sunday, June 23, 2013

Strawberry Full Moon tonight

Summer solstice and Strawberry full moon in the past few days have turned the garden into deeper shades of yellow and orange and burgundy rather than pale pink and white and lavender.

 
Blanket flower or Gaillardia

 
Yarrow and burgundy Sedum in a soon to be dry area
 
The pale colors can still be found in the sunny areas and the shade.
 
 
Astilbe bloom in the wild ginger

 
Bee in the wild geranium

 
Hollyhocks just unfolding
 
I've been thinking about a fairy garden. They are very popular now with many accessories and specialized plants available.  My daughter and granddaughter and I saw one yesterday that was a collection of found objects arranged by little "fairies" at Jessica's Garden. I think that's the best kind, so I'll wait until Lily is older and can help find décor and decide what goes where in the garden--or how to rearrange it when the fairies come.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment