Sunday, May 12, 2024

Prepping Patio Pots


A variegated, pointed-leaf 
grows about  12-16 inches tall 
with brilliant red-orange flowers.

has large blooms in bicolor
orange and yellow.
It grows 12 to 16 inches.

(a.k.a.Million Bells or Mini Petunia)
is a spiller that trails over the pot.
It has copious trumpet-shaped bright yellow
blooms that attract hummingbirds.

is a mounding filler plant with sturdy stems
and upright pea-like pink blooms
with peach and orange petals
tipped in purple.

or African Daisy
has bright orange-yellow upright blooms
on mounding leaves.


And as a thriller or upright focus plant, 
 the number one favorite of hummingbirds, 
Vermillionaire Cuphea hybrid
also called Firecracker plant.
It is also loved by gardeners: it takes heat,
needs little watering,
does not need deadheading or cutting back,
and blooms profusely in 
unique-shaped flowers
of orange and yellow and red held high
above the mounded flowers and foliage.


A pretty pot 
(actually a pair, one for each corner of the deck)
 to please us, our neighbors, 
and our "no-show" hummingbirds!
Maybe these brightly colored oases
will attract them 
when it warms up a bit?

A Quick Note:
Blogger is doing the sideways trick with my photos
which were taken in vertical orientation with my phone.
I can't solve the problem yet, but I'm working on it.
 
Another Note:
I now have to import my Google photos
from my Android phone
by sending them via email to my computer.
Then I save them in a temporary file
and import them to Blogger
and voila! they are oriented correctly.
What a lot of bother!!!
See next post.





No comments:

Post a Comment