Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Memorial Day Weekend

It was rainy and the parade was canceled.  The garden continued to create moments right through the rain and cold.


Only one Bleeding Heart bloom.
I should move it out from under the deck for more light...


The 'Miss Kim' Korean Lilac is exuberant this year.
It has struggled for years.


The Lady's Mantle always looks its best on a rainy day.


The old-fashioned yellow Iris


and the False Indigo
are blooming 
from the buds 
featured a week ago.


I put the fairy garden items out
but the girls can re-arrange them 
however they want.
It's their secret garden!


I planted up the third container with yellows
(sometimes called Black-eyed Susan Vine),
Supertunia 'Limoncello'



I hope this yellows container will bring as much pleasure on a hot August day
as these Spring bloomers did on a rainy Memorial Day.







1 comment:

  1. So nice to see your garden. I miss my Lady's Mantle. Maybe I can find one to put near the front door.

    ReplyDelete