Thursday, June 16, 2016

Soon a Full Moon and the Summer Solstice

This year, the full moon and the summer solstice occur on the June 20.  These two events have not occurred together since 1948, my birth year!  It should be a day and night to look forward to over the weekend.  If you plant by the moon, this is a good week to do your plantings.  Double good?

I just went out to look at the garden as the sun sets tonight.  Last evening I worked so hard weeding and feeding and digging in the garden bed that I didn't look around me.  Only one of the six laurels was blooming well tonight.



Raspberry Glow
earns its name!

The other laurel that bloomed this year
is called Peppermint
and seems to have passed its peak.


This has been an off year for the wild laurels 
that surround our community called Laurel Ridge
so it is not surprising that
the other four hybrid laurels did not bloom.





No comments:

Post a Comment