Thursday, July 5, 2012

July's Full Moon--The Summer Moon


When I went out in the garden this morning with the camera, I startled a sparrow.  She and her mate have been busy catching insects in the garden to feed their baby birds.  I love the reflection of the bright blue sky and the flower bed in the gazing ball top of the garden ornament.


The garden is lush now that it is truly summer, as proven by the Summer Moon (July's full moon)tonight.  And all those blooms and greenery mean the insects are plentiful also.


The butterflies have arrived as the garden's colors attract them.  The hollyhocks still have a little rust, but their bloom has not been affected.  Everything seems to be in balance in the food cycle of the flora and fauna.


Even the passing rains are balanced with the 90+ degree temperatures. This morning I found the Lady's Mantle covered with drops from last night's rain, just as I had found it earlier in spring.

I'll find some wood to knock on!
I'm glad I went out this morning to discover Nature in sync!



No comments:

Post a Comment